Sunday, September 18, 2011

Being a Servant

The idea of serving someone else before seeking to fulfill ones owns needs is an odd concept for most of us. The concept of serving is not a practice shown greatly by much of the American society. Many are looking for their own gain and profit. A get rich fast mentality.

But ive been learning the opposite and seeing what service is and how its a choice that can be made into a lifestyle. Christ said that he did not come for the healthy or the rich, but the lowly and the poor. He came to serve not to be served. How often is that my mind set. How often do i think the effect of opening a door for some one, because even the litttlest of things can be consider serving.

For the first time at the beginning of this past summer i asked God to allow me to be a servant instead of serving myself. And God allowed me to experience it this summer, at times i was thinking ok God I think ive served now, but that's the times when it becomes a choice to lay down my wants and needs for another. I am still learning and serving i am trying to make it a lifestyle and a way I interact. By working in the Different departments here at Sandy Cove I am getting many opportunity's. And getting know some of the people here Like Jon and Vonnie Stemen they opened their home to us convergers and served us and are going through a book and teaching us more about servant hood, so it looks like God heard my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment